Based on materials you provide, we will work with you to develop plans and policy recommendations in the fields of ecosystem science, stewardship, and sustainable development. Our services Include research, analysis, synthesis, meeting preparation, and development of products such as backgrounders, briefing notes and strategic plans.
- Plan for the recovery and conservation of Interior Northern Goshawks in the Skeena: Background and framework. British Columbia Government 2018. Written by Joan Eamer.
- Arctic biodiversity principles and their application in mainstreaming
biodiversity. Phase 1: Background and options paper. (Conservation of Arctic Flora and Fauna 2016). PowerPoint presentation and discussion paper prepared by Joan Eamer. Interviews conducted by Claire Eamer; research by Megan Osmond-Jones.
- Life Linked to Ice: A guide to Sea-Ice-Associated Biodiversity in this time of rapid change. Arctic Council, 2013. A guide for policy makers, including discussion of implications of changing ice regimes for resource managers, and a synthesis of Arctic Council recommendations from previous and concurrent assessments.
- CircumArctic Rangifer Monitoring and Assessment (CARMA) Network. A network of researchers, managers, and community leaders working on caribou and wild reindeer populations around the Arctic. Joan Eamer has been involved in communications and planning since the network’s inception. Megan Osmond-Jones developed CARMA’s database of publications and reports in 2012.
- Yukon Water: An assessment of climate change vulnerabilities. Government of Yukon, 2011. Claire Eamer served as consultant, science writer, and editor.
- Clean Energy, Analysis of Options for Many Strong Voices, an alliance of Arctic and Small Island Developing States, January 2012. Produced by Joan Eamer.
- Policy and perspectives chapter of the Global Outlook for Ice & Snow. 2007, UN Environment Programme. Joan Eamer was the chapter lead author (while working for UNEP/GRID-Arendal).